cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Fibre 1 upgrade to Full Fibre query

Go to solution

I noticed in My BT account that there is a promotion to upgrade my package and re-contract for no additional cost over what I currently pay for Fibre 1.

It’s a bit confusing but I am on Fibre 1 and get about 36Mb currently. I see the option to upgrade to Fibre 1 again, yes the very same package, but it says this includes 1 month Full Fibre 100. Is this likely to be an error?

So if I order this I presume Openreach will come out to switch me over to Full Fibre, but what happens after the first month? Will BT actually cap my full fibre speed back down to Fibre 1. I’ve never heard of Full Fibre being capped down to FTTC speeds before, is that actually likely to happen or will they just leave me in the minimum Full Fibre 100 package?

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Fibre 1 upgrade to Full Fibre query

Go to solution

Yes, full fibre can be capped to FTTC speeds and is the same price. Don't know about the one month offer of Fibre 100.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Go to solution

If you click on the promo it tells you:

rbz5416_0-1657745590952.png

But if you do downgrade you should get close to the full 50Mb.

Message 4 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks, I didn’t see that extra detail on the website. I re-contracted at the start of the year via. BT web chat and I was on the Fibre 2 package until this point, but the chat person suggested dropping down to Fibre 1 as I only average about 36Mb FTTC anyway.

A little gutted now as with Full Fibre I presume this would just maxed out my previous Fibre 2 quite easily.

Do you/anyone here happen to know what is a good price to negotiate for say the BT Full Fibre 100, or even a Full Fibre 300, if BT even offers such a package? I’m surprised I can get the 900 package too but that’s a bit rich and probably overkill for our usage.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

Go to solution

Yes, as with full fibre 1, full firbre 2 would max out the connection.

I doubt you'll be able to negotiate a deal for 100Mb, 300Mb or 500Mb but you could try. Give the FTTP team a ring.

0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Go to solution

An update on this:

I placed the order online and re-contracted Fibre 1 as outlined above where this gives the Full Fibre 100 free for one month. I have some concerns though looking at my order history. Can I provide a BT staff here my order number to take a look please? I'd like to know if I am to expect an Openreach engineer out tomorrow to feed the fibre optic cable into the house.

The order page seems to only show an upgrade to digital voice. I've had the BT Alexa phone just delivered this morning and I have had a message saying Digital Voice will go live tomorrow. Nothing seems to reference the Full Fibre 100 though, the only thing I actually care about regarding the order.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Go to solution

if you are on FTTC just now then you can be changed over to digital voice without an engineer visit.  however if you move to FTTP then you will need engineer visit to install fibre cable and ONT.

did you not get an installation date when you placed your order?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Go to solution

I got an activation date is all which I now presume relates only to digital voice. Do you think I should just cancel this or let it play out? I guess it's possible Openreach will contact me after Digital voice is setup to arrange the FTTP install date. Just disappointed I see.nomreference to Full.Fibre 100 in my order info. 

This is the offer I clicked through and ordered...

*Tried to attach photos but files are too large, it says this: 

1 month speed boost to Full Fibre 100 (this is why I went for it!)
Fibre 1
34Mb - 38Mb
Download speed
5Mb - 6Mb
Upload speed
31Mb Stay Fast Guarantee
£0.00*
extra a month

Above was the promotion banner I clicked to place the order. Below is what I see in my orders now:

Last updated: Tue 19 Jul 2022 10:17
Sat 16 Jul 2022
You placed your order for
Broadband & Digital Voice

Estimated delivery date: 20 Jul 2022 (been delivered)
Your equipment has been dispatched and
should arrive by the estimated delivery date.
As this is only an estimated delivery date it
may take longer.
You will receive
Equipment
Alexa Advanced Home Phone

Thu 21 Jul 2022
Service activation for
Broadband change with customer self install
Switch over of phone service to Digital Voice
Change activation date
View my service activation details >

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

Go to solution

Perhaps you should've called on the number I gave you as 100mb can be supplied over FTTC? If I were you I'd call the number and find out exactly what you are being supplied.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Go to solution

Perhaps, but I generally find ringing call centres a rather stressful endeavour equivalent to banging one's head against a brick wall. Web chat may not be any better in this regard but it's less stressful and gives me a bit more time to form a coherent response.

The web chat wasn't much better tbh, kept pushing SIM card deals on me rather than being interested in addressing the issue itself.

I did get the chat person to at least clarify that this order includes a cooling off period, so if it doesn't go according to plan I can pull the plug and get back to square one. I'm hoping (but doubtful) it will just resolve itself despite the order page not really indicating what I actually ordered.

My Fibre 1 actually tops out at 36Mb over FTTC, so if the new Fibre 1 package I ordered includes the free one month Full Fibre 100 as stated, the only way I believe they can deliver this 150Mb package to me is via. an FTTP install.

0 Ratings