cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Re: Fibre 1 upgrade to Full Fibre query

Go to solution

You can get 150mb from G.FAST which is delivered over the same copper connection which you currently have just needs change of master and cabinet changes.  So FTTP is not a given 

Your should try FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and they should be able to help and clarify what you have actually ordered

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

Go to solution

Thanks for the info. I didn't know this, was hoping to have the FTTP install done so if I decide to upgrade to 300Mb (if that becomes available again) or 500Mb at a later date, I'd be able to do it with minimal fuss and no more home visits.

Not what I had in mind, but if they can deliver 150Mb via. Gfast then I suppose I have nothing to really complain about. I just wish the info on the order page was more specific.

Does Gfast typically become available alongside FTTP hitting the street? I've only ever been able to get max. 36Mb download up until FTTP becoming available in my area. I am not familiar with Gfast. 

Cheers again, will see what happens tomorrow. 

I forgot to mention that the chat person also gave me another number to call too, 0800 111 4567.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Go to solution

To see what is actually available to you enter your phone number and post results. This will hopefully clarify connection type 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 14 of 32

Go to solution
Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps)Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps)WBC FTTC Availability DateWBC SOGEA Availability DateLeft in JumperHighLowHighLowVDSL Range A (Clean) besmirched_0-1658360774882.gif

38.426.36.8523.2AvailableAvailable--VDSL Range B (Impacted) besmirched_1-1658360774882.gif

37.322.86.84.318.9AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 1000Upto 220--Available1 Stage
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MWBC Fixed Rate
Up to 18--16 to 19.5Available--
Up to 18Up to 1.516 to 19.5Available--
2----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 18--16 to 19.5----
Up to 2-- ----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2022-07-17
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
05-07-2022
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

Go to solution

@JohnC2 I have seen a few of your posts and think you might be able to help with my BT order. Please PM me if you require any personal details.

I was on Fibre 1 and re-contracted for Fibre 1 recently at the same price, and the BT promotion that was displayed to me on the BT website said this would include Full Fibre 100 at no extra cost for the first month.

Today is my activation day and I can see now that my tel number appears in the Smart Hub 2, and I had a BT email minutes ago confirming everything is complete.

It's not complete as I haven't got what I ordered. Can you please look into this for me? I would like for for an engineer to attend as I expected when I placed the order, as I need an ONT installing and fibre optic cable fed in so I can receive the service I ordered.

Another helpful member above suggested G.fast might be possible. I am clueless regarding whether this is available - I saw no mention of this being available before FTTP hit my area anyway. By all means feel free to check this though.

I'd just like to get the 150Mb download that I expected of Full.Fibre 100 when I ordered.

I'll check back later, hope to hear from you soon. Cheers.

Also, if it it's of any use below is a copy of the email I received this morning. This email seems to suggest the upgrade is complete so something is clearly up with my order as there's no mention of a BT Full Fibre 100 install.

Email:

H

Your Fibre upgrade
Making the most of your new speed
Your connection will be faster and more stable if you use an Ethernet cable(s) to connect your computer(s) to your Hub. At these faster speeds, it's better to use wireless just for connecting your mobile devices and laptops. To get the fastest possible speed, use an Ethernet cable to connect your main computer to the GigE socket on the back of your Hub. It's usually Ethernet socket 4.

Calling features
You can start using your calling features now.
About Call Protect
With Call Protect you can manage your calls in three ways:

• BT blacklist - We've identified a list of nuisance callers. Calls from these numbers will be sent to your junk voicemail. And we'll turn this list on by default for you.
  • Personal blacklist - You can add the last answered call (from your home phone) or any other phone number to your own blacklist. So any future calls from those numbers also go to your junk voicemail. This feature will be switched on too, but won't have any numbers until you add some.
  • Individual call types - You can choose to send all calls from certain categories to your junk voicemail. These include international and withheld numbers.

To change your settings or to start adding numbers to your personal blacklist, call 1572 free from your home phone or click the button below.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

Go to solution

there is no G.Fast shown in dslchecker results but there is FTTP so any upgrade will be to FTTP.  you need to try phoning the FTTP team and find out if/when you FTTP upgrade is happening 08005874787

Digital voice can be activated without any change in your FTTC connection and the FTTP change later.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

Go to solution

Update - FTTP booked in for 4th Aug. Thanks all for replies. Just leaving this here as a note for myself in case I run into any issues come install date.

Appear to have come to a satisfactory conclusion via. Web chat this afternoon. Not sure what went wrong with the order but chat person got a new order placed for FTTP, and prices were slightly cheaper so ended up bumping up to the Full Fibre 500 option instead.

They did want to charge me a tenner for delivery of a new Smart Hub 2 claiming my existing Smart Hub 2 won't have the hardware to support FTTP speeds - not sure that's accurate myself. I did get this waived though and they say they're adding the £10 delivery as account credit. So that'll suffice.

Sadly didn't manage to retain my original promotion of the free upgrade for the month - which is a bit **bleep**ty tbh as that is what drew me in initially.

It's not been as smooth as I would have liked booking this in, but eerything at least seems to be on track now.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

Go to solution

Perhaps it would have gone smoothly had you followed the advice you were given.

Message 19 of 32

Go to solution

I'm not knocking the advice given at all. The offer of the 1 month free boost was present on the website so that's where I placed the order. That should have been the end of it. If BT had these web orders set up correctly then customers wouldn't have to call in to try and correct their errors.

I was advised to call the FTTP team here, and I agree, that would have had to have been my next step - I very much appreciate the advice. I tried the Web Chat again today and actually managed to get somewhere, which for me personally is much less stressful than having to speak to call centres. Had that not worked then I would have had no choice but to make the call.

The prices quoted were 150Mb £29.99 / 500Mb £39.99 / 900Mb £49.99. These were a bit cheaper than when I placed my order last week and seem more in-line with the competition I have seen from the likes of Sky and Talk Talk. Is this about as good as it gets price wise?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Go to solution

BT are much more expensive than the competition....they rely on the ignorance/laziness of their customers imo....just my opinion of course, but you will get 500mbs for substantially less, especially if you are in a city fibre area.

0 Ratings