Message 11 of 13

Re: Fibre 1 with Halo

You are currently getting 76M not 57M

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

@licquorice 

Thank you.

I've never had Sync Speed less than 75m since the day i signed upto FTTC umpteen years ago.

The issue I'm having is the degradation between the sync speed of circa 75/76m to my master socket and the output of anywhere between nothing and 60m currently from the router, despite 2 new master sockets and 2 new routers, a 'flip and switch' etc. A month ago it was circa 72mbps.

Out of curiosity i performed 2 speed tests, both through fast.com ( as that's BTs preferred supplier). One through ethernet from my PC with nothing else connected and one wireless from my mobile through wholehome and the wireless through wholehome was quicker! Nothing makes sense at all.

I suppose what i'd like to know is what would normally cause the output from the router to differ significantly from the sync speed?

Thanks for your time trying to help. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

Sync speed is the only speed that can be accurately measured. Download speed/throughput is affected by countless variables such as your WiFi if you are not testing via Ethernet, congestion in the backhaul, the vagaries of the speed testing server etc etc