cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Fibre 2 speed change

Go to solution

I have had Fibre 2 for a number of yes, but recently it seems to have slowed down.

I've have been getting  downloads of 45- 50 mb,  but now it's down to around 30mb, I've just looked at the Mybt page and it lists Fibre 2 as only 34mb download , I'm sure I used to get faster. Has this changed or are they now throttling the line?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Fibre 2 speed change

Go to solution

if you have a house phone and not on digital voice can you check for dial tone and then dial 17070 option 2  should be silent

can you post hub stats

BT do not throttle connections so you have a line problem somewhere

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Gazmog 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

As more customers connect to the cabinet, the overall speed will drop, mostly due to interference between the copper pairs.

That is why BT now shows a lower connection speed.

This is an issue with FTTC (VSDL), and there is nothing you can do to alter it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I no longer have a phone line.  Interestingly I was doing speed tests, which seemed to give consistent speeds around 30mb although browsing is a little hit and miss, but the BT fault diagnosis has come back and said there is a fault.

I see what happens.

To be honest I thought the slowing down the speed was a way to encourage us over to full fibre which has recently been installed in the village. I do intend to move over, I was waiting for BT to notify me as in the past they have said it is not ready

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

you can check if available to you by entering your address here  https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings