Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Fibre 900 Speeds

They throttle 😉

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

They throttle/they don't throttle, shared resources are saturated/not saturated,  we can argue 'till the cows come home but arguing doesn't resolve the problem.

@kayfour  has already reported varying speeds, the only question is what causes them.

Presumably any throttling or saturation of shared resources (if present) will be most evident during peak times and to that end maybe regular speed tests seven days a week both within and without these times will yield some useful information.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

@Les-GibsonThere is no throttling that is a thing of the past which is no longer needed or useful. Contention still exists on residential lines hence the price.

As @licquorice stated there is a 2.5Gb connection shared with up to 29 others. It's also 1GB upload.

Other than a speed test result I'd be more interested in what problem @kayfour is experiencing in day to day use or is it just the usual "I'm not getting what I pay for"?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

@pippincp 

Agreed but just for clarity, I'm of the same opinion as you but as I'm sure you've noticed some are vehemently convinced that their connection is throttled. As for the shared resource, I confess that that is news to me (you learn something new everyday).

My post was purely intended to be objective and help further an argument which seems to be going nowhere fast (or perhaps I should say round and round in circles) by identifying any patterns which may exist.

0 Ratings