cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Fibre 900 download/upload speed

Go to solution

Hi All,

Hope you can help, had an install of Fibre 900 Tuesday 9th Jan and know it can take a little while for everything to get sorted in terms of profile etc but I'm having issues with the speed and especially the upload speed from the router side

Here are some speed tests i have performed directly connected (via lan) to the router with everything else disconnected 

ulysees321_0-1705490156617.png

ulysees321_1-1705490179792.png

I have also tried a PPOE connection from my laptop to the ONT, which gives a more promising result especially where upload is concerned

ulysees321_2-1705490212533.png

This leads me to believe the issue lies with the router? (smart hub2) 
I have also performed a factory reset on the router and performed another speed test again wired over lan with only this device connected and still get the same result.

ulysees321_3-1705490311260.png

any help ideas would be greatly appreciated

Sam  

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Fibre 900 download/upload speed

Go to solution

you did not say if you had changed ethernet cable and made sure it is cat 5E or better

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi sorry, 

It's cat 6 cable, i have tried multiple different cat 6 cables between router and laptop, with same result
when i did the PPOE test i used the same cable being used between the ONT and WAN port on the router

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@ulysees321 

The Smart Hub 2 has an upload limit of 20Mbs, until a configuration change is sent to it by the BT management system.

This can take a couple of days, but you must leave the hub connected to the ONT all of the time, otherwise it will not see the config change.

If after three days of continuous connection, the upload does not change, then a moderator can be asked to assist, as there may be a data mismatch against the hub serial number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks Keith, 

Its normally connected 24/7 and has been since full fibre install on 9th, i only disconnected this morning for around 5 minutes to test the PPOE connection to the ONT, 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thank you, that is much appreciated

Sam

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @ulysees231,

We can take a look into this for you and do our best to help you.

It will take us a few working days before we can get back to you but we will.

Thank you

DanielS

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks Daniel
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks for your assistance, Issue is now resolved 🙂