cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre Broadband Down - Possible Hardware Fault

Hi Everyone,

My fibre broadband isn't working. The lights on it are flashing like crazy, as seen in the video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEoXX-kGRMk

I've been through the connection guides, everything appears to be plugged in correctly. Nothing has changed. It stopped working whilst I was out and nobody else was at home.

I've looked at what the flashing lights could mean here: https://www.bt.com/help/landline/lights-on-the-openreach-modem

To summarise:

• POWER:  Flashing (not covered in the guide to the lights)
  • PON and LOS: Both off (Not covered in the guide)
  • PORT1-PORT4: Flashing (Data is being transmitted through the port, possible connection problem)
  • TEL 1-2: Flashing (Fibre home phone line is not activated.)

As someone who works from home 2 days a week, this will be a problem for me.

I'm keen to get this fixed as soon as possible. Any help would gratefully be received. Thank you for any help or guidance you can offer.

Thanks

Jonathan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre Broadband Down - Possible Hardware Fault

Power cycle the ONT, if that doesn't work report the fault to customer services.0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

TBH , any guide  explaining the meaning of the ONT lights works on the proviso that it’s not faulty , TBH , yours  looks broken, as stated , you could  try power cycling it ( unplugging from the power , leave a short while and reconnect ) this may restore it to service, but if it doesn’t you would need a visit from Openreach arranged by reporting the problem to your ISP ( which presumably is BT if posting here on a BT Consumer forum ) 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Do you have a redundant battery backup for the discontinued voice service service? If so you can try bypassing that.

If not & power cycling doesn't help, check the voltage/current of the ONT's PSU. Most kit seems to operate on 12V so have a hunt around for an old router, or other piece of kit that may have a matching 12V adapter. Doesn't matter if the current is rated higher, just can't be lower. The tricky bit may be finding one with a matching jack connector.

0 Ratings