cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre Broadband Fallacies

Go to solution

Looking for some advice or direction if anyone can help.

Beginning to feel like I've been completely mis-sold BT Fibre (via EE) or I'm being gaslit by the app etc.

My Fibre Broadband was installed on 23rd March, and I've never got close to my guaranteed speed. It's probably got incrementally slower in the last few days.

When looking to troubleshoot, I have read some of the 'suggestions' on the app where it attempts to justify why the connection may appear slower, which I'm struggling to accept really.

I moved from Sky Superfast Broadband (no fibre) to BT Fibre Broadband through EE, and my speeds on BT Fibre and stability of connection is actually poorer now - with no new devices being used since installation. For example, Netflix started streaming in low quality mid way through a movie. On BT Fibre Broadband. In a house where the only other active connections to the wifi are my phone and the Hive thermostat. 

I've ran speedchecks - both BT and Ookla - and at best I'm getting 1/3 of guaranteed D/L speed. Beginning to feel like I've downgraded when I should have been upgraded - hence why I took up with BT in the first place!

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre Broadband Fallacies

Go to solution

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router  enter 192.168.1.254 in SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

All speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds to the router not download speeds at your device

Do you turn off smart setup as that often causes problems

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I would have thought that if you are an EE customer, then the best place to post would be over on EE's forum.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Checked2013  I have to agree, the OP is either an EE customer or BT.

Although EE are part of the BT group  and  use Openreach as the supplier EE and BT Retail have their own independent systems.

Nevertheless the advice gien here would be the same, mainly the quiet line test. For follow up then posting in the  correct suppliers would be neccesary.

Here's where he should post if an EE customer.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Broadband-home-phone/bd-p/broadband 

0 Ratings