cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre Upload Profile

Go to solution

So had fibre installation completed 1h30 ago. The speed test that I did with the engineer before he left correctly showed 300/50. But after about 30 minutes of him leaving it seems to be maxing out at 20Mbps upload (including on the app Speedtest which shows the hub connection speed).

Is this normal?

And when does the order get closed out. If it doesn’t get closed this afternoon then I believe the billing system will incorrectly calculate my bill which is dated tomorrow.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre Upload Profile

Go to solution

OK - profile back to 50 upload again. I guess that the fibre behaves like DSL and ‘trains’.

I should clarify that the Engineer visit on the order is shown as complete, but it is the final steps - which strangely don’t include fibre broadband but are mainly focussed on removal of Halo benefits - are still showing as incomplete.

But I will close this specific query down due to the title.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Fibre doesn’t ‘train’ like DSL , it’s not rate adaptive , it’s possible your router had a firmware limit that was removed by an ‘over the air’ update , or perhaps you had another device uploading , or even the PON itself was busy on the upload channel.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Fibre doesn’t ‘train’ like DSL , it’s not rate adaptive , it’s possible your router had a firmware limit that was removed by an ‘over the air’ update , or perhaps you had another device uploading , or even the PON itself was busy on the upload channel.

So I checked my Smart Hub 2s log and there was a CWMP managed rate change at the point the upload went back up to 50.

So fibre may not be rate adaptive, but ORs back end management system clearly is a bit indecisive with new connections 😆

0 Ratings