cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Fibre at the Pole

hi

Thanks - all the address's at both poles are showing the same results as mine but the all the poles with the yellow fibre sticker all have ultrafast available. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

hi

no stickers anywhere - so I am assume open reach?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

openreach in my area when installing fibre attached labels to poles 'fibre overhead'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

The BTw checker you posted the results for your address for only shows Openreach network, so if you use the same checker for a nearby address ( served from a pole that does have fibre equipment on it ) and the checker shows FTTP WBC as available then that particular pole has Openreach FTTP .
As already stated, there may be a reason why your pole hasn’t got FTTP equipment on it , and if it’s basically down to the cost involved in getting a fibre ‘CBT’ to the pole , then OR simply build the cost effective parts of that optical network ( PON ) and leave the expensive parts in abeyance until such times that the expense is worthwhile 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

You ever get this resolved?  OR are installing fibre right outside my house but as I've not had any notice of incoming fibre, but all my neighbours have, I'm worried I'll get missed out.  I'm right in-between two telephone poles and they're installing a CBT at one as we speak.

I can see them just finishing at that pole and not installing fibre to me but to all my neighbours!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Hi

None of us have had notice of incoming fibre. And still not resolved. 
the only thing that did peak interest was on the broad band checker it said fibre was not available yet where previously it had said fibre not available 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Just because you see them installing a CBT on the pole outside your house does not mean it will be available straight away. I know, I used to be a fibre planner over 8 years ago. There are plenty of areas I planned that even today have no working customers on the CBT. There is a lot more fibre infrastructure required back to the head end in a Telephone exchange somewhere. It may even not go to you local exchange. 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings