cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Fibre not reaching good speeds?

Hi all, I have recently moved from Virgin to BT. I couldn't cope with Virgin dropping out or going off line for days, but I am starting to wonder if I did the right thing?

Since having BT installed, my ps4 is about 1 ft away from the Router and last night I wasn't even getting 1mbps upload nor down load. 

My daughters computer runs around 30mpbs download, about 24mbps upload.

I have to keep restarting my hub daily, which is annoying. The Internet doesn't even reach the bottom of my garden, which isn't very big at all.

On virgin I had the 350mpbs package, bt I'm using the 900mbps and I'm not seeing it, it seems to be the same or even slower than Virgin. 

The disk upstairs does nothing, I can be sitting a few feet from it and it only gives me 30mbps if I am lucky, and its annoying you can't split the router, I can't get my WiFi bulbs to work now as I can't get them on the 2.4 network. 

I did think about getting a LAN/ETHERNET cable to run it to the WiFi booster disk they provided would that help?

I have spoken to them through online chat and they assure me my speeds are fine, but none of us reach over 100mbps on anything. Tv, laptops, ps4, phones. 

Am I going to be fighting a losing battle and end up regret staying with them but spending lots of money out on mesh systems for nothing to change??

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fibre not reaching good speeds?

Have you tried turning off the 5ghz and then connecting your 2.4ghz devices and when connected and working then re-enable the 5ghz network.

Did you turn off smart setup in hub manager as that often causes problems

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings