cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Flashing orange every morning

Throughout January our smart hub 2 has been flashing orange and not working but only in the mornings until it fixes itself around 9 or 10am. Not the best when working from home, I try all the different ways of resetting, have had 2 engineer visits and a new hub. Will call again today but at a loss now. The only thing I can think of is why it breaks in morning is it’s close to a radiator which comes on in the morning, but surely that wouldn’t affect it? I have turned the radiator off just incase

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Flashing orange every morning

does the disconnection happen at same time every morning?  is it about same time as your central heating boiler starts as that could be the problem.  try delaying central heating start time and see if that helps or changes the disconnection time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

I’m not sure as when I wake up it’s already down,  but I’ve had my central heating on since October time and not noticed my WiFi stop working until January. Also if it was the central heating, we don’t have a modern system just a standard thermostat with a timer, if this was the cause of the issue how would we fix this? Does this mean we can never have heating at the same time as wifi? I also turned off my central heating to see if Wi-fi would come back straight away and it didn’t. It’s also not every day that the wifi breaks but it’s every day we have the heating on, I also have it on in the afternoon and sometimes evening and the wifi never drops then. BT thinks it might be electrical interference from something a neighbour is using but if it is that I don’t see what solution will solve the issue.

I have actually recently accessed the log so I can determine from that when it went down, but there’s so many different messages at regular intervals that I’m not sure which one refers to the wifi initially going down.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

if you access the logs then filter to WAN that should show times the router drops connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Rose3579 and welcome back.

It's been a while but great to see you again. Sorry you're having problems with the connection dropping. @imjolly might be on to something here. It's worth checking REIN for advice on how to check if this is what's causing he problem.

Cheers

David

Message 6 of 7

402EC696-9F0F-4ED1-99EC-4DAEE5B90351.jpeg

EDCF813B-EE2C-44C3-8972-CC333CDB536E.jpeg

F2D9F768-BAA3-4745-8770-41168FBB35F7.jpeg

 I’ve highlighted when I think it’s gone down. Unfortunately i only have examples from this week as we changed the router at the weekend. When it went down on the 18th I remember it coming back at 907 and dropping at 914 again. Today when it came back I wasn’t home (had to go to my mums as needed wifi to work) but looks like it came back at 950. The other times it happened before this router it always seemed to come back between 9 and 10am

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Please let me know if there’s any other info I can provide. I’m waiting for BT to organise a third engineer visit too

0 Ratings