cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Flat doesn’t get fibre but building does

Hi, I am currently in the progress of moving and a priority was looking at broadband available since I work from home. Upon searching I noticed our speeds are really limited for our flat but looking on open reach website and ofcom we should be able to get up to 330mbps

I noticed on BT and Sky that other flats in the building had options for high speeds but our flat was either missing or limited. EE for example said we’d be limited to a max of 16 mbps.

When checking BTs wholesale checker (https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome) our flat says they can’t determine the status while the building itself seems to have good speeds available.

Is this an issue we can fix through Openreach or is out flat just stuck in the Stone Age? Sorry I’m not sure how it all works. I have virgin currently but they can’t service the area, I got them to do a survey. I am very confused as it is the city centre so assumed speeds would be reasonable.

An help or advice would be really appreciated!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Flat doesn’t get fibre but building does

can you post the checker results including the notes please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 14

IMG_3337.jpeg

That is for the specific flat

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

IMG_3338.jpeg

 This is for the building itself 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

The building doesn't have FTTP either. FTTPoD is an extremely expensive business product, not native FTTP.

You should be able to get about 80M though unless the checker shows waiting list rather than available on the right hand side of the table that you have cut off in the screenshot

Message 6 of 14

What does G.fast range A mean? As that has 330 speeds and green on the end
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

IMG_3340.png

 On Openreach the building has this as well as other flats in the building but not mines

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

G.Fast is just a faster version of VDSL for those very close to the cabinet.

It should be available to you.

I suspect your flat has never had a service, hence no details available.

You should be able to order G.Fast.

Message 9 of 14

So if these should be available but isn’t in my specific flat, is there any issue with the flat and it can be fixed? How do I remedy this?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

you need to decide which ISP you want to use and then try placing an order for GFAST

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.