cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Fttp in my area when ?

Freedom fibre are launching in my area wn7 Leigh in the next 2 weeks

so today I noticed the openreach guys working on the poles so I asked him was it the freedom fibre install

he says yes I asked how Come bt haven’t launched he said oh they are in the next month so was wondering if this is correct as I would rather wait for bt then use an intermediary thanks 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Fttp in my area when ?

Try entering your Phone number and post results. 

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 21

Thanks I’m on vm so don’t Have a bt number 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Use the address option
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

served by Cabinet 3
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability DateHigh Low High Low      VDSL Range A (Clean) Treble_0-1651784336731.gif
VDSL Range B (Impacted) Treble_1-1651784336731.gif
65.950.42014.445.7AvailableAvailable
64.146.819.812.240AvailableAvailable
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 15--8.5 to 19Available
Up to 15Up to 1.58.5 to 19Available
Up to 7--6 to 8Available
2----Available
2----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

I’ve never heard of  Freedom Fibre , but after looking at their website, they are not an ISP that use OR FTTP  , but they do use OR poles, ducts and jointboxes under PIA , ( passive infrastructure access) so if they say they will have their own service available to order in a couple of weeks , that’s their business , and if you wish to order  that’s between you and them, it’s got nothing to do with BT or Openreach, it’s not like BT will use their network , BT only use Openreach…if their FTTP kit is installed, they ( or their contractors) installed it , OR didn’t.

If Openreach engineers were working in your area, that had nothing to do with that other company network, and that other company’s products ,  it’s possible that OR , attempting to protect its market share  , will also have their own FTTP network available in your area soon, if thats what the OR engineers were installing, nothing to stop OR installing network when they see a competitor moving in, in some places the alternative FTTP network will be available , and no comparable BT/OR  service is.

If your preference is to wait for the OR network, then at the moment it isn’t showing as available, but if OR were installing FTTP , all you can do is periodically check the wholesale chase key and when it says WBC FTTP available , you ( or more accurately BT ) can order it for you

Message 7 of 21

openreach put poles at the top of nearly every street in my area with the boxes at the top with bt literature all over them, freedom fibre are using talk talk for the billing etc so I don’t know will see how it pans out many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Hi. Any update on this thread with FTTP availability in WN7 area ? Thanks v much.  

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

@TEEJAY1 wrote:

Hi. Any update on this thread with FTTP availability in WN7 area ? Thanks v much.  

only openreach know the answer and there is no link from this community forum to openreach

try checking here with address

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

@imjolly Thanks for this 

0 Ratings