cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: Fttp in my area when ?

@Treble Be interested to see how your trial goes. Which part of Leigh is this trial taking place ? Just seen OR installing new cables in the ducts in The Avenue area. Hopefully we are only a few weeks away.  

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

@TEEJAY1 holden road mate they are all over Leigh and was doing higher folds last week 

Message 13 of 21

Thanks for this
Message 14 of 21

PIA stands for Physical Infrastructure Access, not Passive.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

@TEEJAY1 Talking again to the openreach engineers and apparently all the work going on in Leigh is for freedom fibre not fttp bt unfortunately 

Message 16 of 21

@Treble 

Does this mean it’s only going to be TalkTalk providing ultrafast BB ? 

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

@TEEJAY1 Looks like it for a while as Leigh exchange is down for upgrading 21/22 to 23/24 so within next 2 years according to the build programme for may 

https://www.openreach.com/content/dam/openreach/openreach-dam-files/documents/Ultrafast_Full_Fibre_b...

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

@Treble Thanks 

Did you take up their offer of a free trail ? 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

@TEEJAY1 I Haven’t made my mind up yet as I have 7 months left on my vm 1gb contract

if it was the fibre 900 with the eero 6 twin pack what they throw in I would of but this seams like a downgrade in speed 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

@Treble I guess it will be a downgrade if you are on VM 1gb. I’m with Sky Supetfast and only getting max 19mb so anything is an upgrade. 
reluctant to go with VM because of the issues with reliability in the street so maybe have to wait for FF to contact us with FTTP