cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Full Fibre Cables are up. When can I expect to CONNECT?

Openreach have been working around our village and were hung past my house last week. 

When and who should I contact regarding getting it into my house and connected. I ask because I do not have a clue.
I spoke to My BT customer service and they couldn't say and were no help at all!

Could anyone give me a clue as to who is best to contact...and possibly a rough idea of how long after the wires/cables are in the street before maybe it could be possible to get myself connected?

Thank you in advance for anything I can learn from you.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Full Fibre Cables are up. When can I expect to CONNECT?

It could be weeks of months because the actual fibre cabling is only part of the work that needs completing the upgrade. You'll be notified by BT and Openreach when it's ready.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

As has already been said, the cables are only one small part of a much bigger project so it could be many months before it is RFS, (Ready for Service).  You could try looking at the following:

https://www.openreach.com/

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for response.
Yes I already did that and it tells me Between now and 2026.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for responding.
I tend to agree. I did ask the Openreach lads doing the wires/cable on the day and they said possibly within a month, but after me asking BT and getting no positivity. I just thaught I'd ask the community.
I guess patience is a virtue!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Just keep checking here until you see FTTP available then place your order. I would add I was able to order in about 2 weeks after the cables were added to the poles

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings