cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Full fibre connection keeps dropping

Hi I have had numerous problems with my full fibre broadband in the last few weeks I thought it had eventually been fixed by Openreach Friday just gone but the connection keeps dropping even though all 3 lights are on the modem, surely this points to a faulty line into my house, how would I go about getting it replaced

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Full fibre connection keeps dropping

All 3 lights lit indicates no problem. A red LOS light would show if there was.

What does the hub show when this happens?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

The hub starts off with a solid orange light then will go into a cycle of resetting itself every few minutes, the LOS light was on last night which would indicate that the line is temperental, I've had numerous routers and modem's Openreach have literally exercised every option apart from replacing the line

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Also when the light is solid orange the LAN light does not flicker it stays solid green 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 32

If the LOS ( loss of signal ) is lit , even briefly, then there is an issue , if the ONT has been changed it’s not likely to be that , it could be something trivial, like the SC/APC connector, the green plug that enters the ONT is contaminated and just needs a clean with an appropriate cleaner ( don’t wipe it yourself ) or it could be a dodgy splice in the CSP or splitter , or a contaminated port on the CBT ,

If the LOS light appears  , even briefly, report it and when the OR tech turns up , let them know  , at a minimum I would suggest they re-splice in the CSP and /or move your connectorised lead onto a different CBT port

Message 6 of 32

I have an engineer appointment booked tomorrow morning between 8am-1pm I will pass the message on, the LOS signal is solid red now and has been for the last hour and a half so hopefully it gets resolved tomorrow once and for all 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Update still having issues with my broadband even though Openreach contacted me via my mobile and told me the issue was resolved and apologised for any inconvenience but the LOS light keeps coming back at some point and the connection will drop I have just tried unplugging the green cable from the ONT and plugging it back in and to my surprise the LOS light disappeared and the PON light came back on and I have internet again although it will just be a temporary fix, could the connection be faulty, green cable, external fibre wire, I have literally exercised every other option as to what the problem is 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Hi @Robbo_0410

Welcome and thanks for your post.

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your Full Fibre broadband service.  I understand that an engineer had looked at, and believed, that the fault was fixed.  I am sorry that the issue is still happening.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

Full fibre connection keeps dropping

Hi my full fibre connection just keeps dropping this has been ongoing for the last few weeks I've had multiple engineers out, they've said the line is fine, the ONT has been replaced numerous times, most recently Saturday it was fine for 72 hours then the connection dropped altogether BT sent me a new hub what Openreach recommended on there visit Saturday I've put that on I have internet again but it is just dropping every half hour then comes back on within 30 seconds I'm at a loss what to do as Openreach don't seem to think there's a problem on there end and that everything is working fine, I have even tried a 3rd party router and it is doing the same thing, I'm guessing it will just keep cutting off then end up losing connection altogether in the next 24 hours, I'm paying for a service I am not getting the full benefit of..... 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Hi @Robbo_0410, sorry your connection is still dropping. I moved your post to keep all your posts in the one place.

Neil will be back in the office this afternoon and he'll be in touch with you then.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings