cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Full fibre install

Go to solution

Hi there.

just wondered if anyone can help me?  I ordered full fibre broadband a few weeks ago and was told that engineers would inspect outside my property in a few days. The next morning an engineer arrived and came into the house. He said that it all looked very straightforward and that he could complete stage one of the install while he was here. He fed fibre through the existing conduit and added another box beside the existing socket. There is no external box.  So that I had no loss in service he reconnected the copper line. He said that on 1 June when I switch over the engineer will come out again and complete the switch over.  I didn’t really understand the amount of work involved in switching over and I don’t really want an external box. Is this really necessary? Also the external wall (where my socket is) is on the driveway which we have recently had resurfaced. Will this need to be dug up? 

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Full fibre install

Go to solution

You will have the external box as it is the Customer Splice Point. As the fibre has been pulled through the duct there is no need to dig.

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

If the Engineers installed a CSP, which is necessary then I’d imagine he’s pulled in the UG ROC Cable already to it, so no your driveway wouldn’t need digging up.

The second Engineer will install an ONT inside and then a cable from there to the CSP the first Engineer installed.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Starwire - Thank you for getting back to me. As my name suggests I am completely clueless so don’t know what a CSP or a ONT is! Could you please tell me? Happy that probably no digging up of my driveway will be needed but I assume that I will still need an exterior box? What does this look like?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Pippincp - thank you for your answer - reassuring to know that my new driveway won’t need to be dug up! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

CSP is the external box where the internal fibre is spliced to the external fibre. ONT is the internal Optical Network Termination (optical modem).

csp1.jpgont3.jpg

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thanks for explaining.
0 Ratings