cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full fibre installation

Full fibre was supposed to have been installed this morning. Kelly communications engineer couldn't do it! He said he was not allowed to drill etc as he's not insured to do so. 

He was referring back to openreach who could do it he said.

I have another appointment set up but how can I be sure this won't happen again

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full fibre installation

Presumably by referring it back to Openreach they will ensure that an appropriately trained insured etc person is sent the next time. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Since posting I have been in contact to make sure the appropriate engineer attends for next appointment. Perhaps a survey prior to appointment would prevent this type of situation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Perhaps it would. No doubt it will add to the cost but I suppose it could be covered by a fee prior to the install taking place.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Not Insured to Drill. 

He was talking **** and was clearly looking for an excuse to sack the job off.!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

That thought crossed my mind. Although he did say he was self employed and got paid per job. Perhaps he still got paid. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

They only get paid if they Complete the job. If he’s Returned it he won’t get paid.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

He won’t get paid for it. Chances are he thought it would take too long and he could earn better money on easier jobs instead.

The contractors only get one chance at the job so you won’t get them the next time.

0 Ratings