cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre turning off every night for long periods

Go to solution

Only just upgraded to Fibre900 and the router is losing connection every night from around 1am and connection is not coming back until early morning - around 7am. Had to adjust my Wise thermostat as a result and all BT have given me is an EE mini hub that doesn’t connect to 4g where I live. Didn’t have these issues with copper and wondering what’s going on. I keep reading about other electrics going off triggering the router. The only thing I can link to this would be the street lights that go off around 1am.  Is it that a fibre connection could be vulnerable to this compared to copper? Thinking about going back to copper for more reliability. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre turning off every night for long periods

Go to solution

is the hub still connected - blue light - just no internet?  are all lights on the ONT on and green?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

REIN/SHINE issues do not affect FTTP , so that cannot be your problem .

If you lose your  ‘connection’ , what is the status of the ONT during this period , does the LOS ( loss of signal ) light come on , or does the PON light remain on and steady ( not flashing ) if it does then there is no problem with the Openreach FTTP network…., what is the status of the lights on the SH2 router during this outage , assuming you use the SH2 and not some third party router you supplied yourself 

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-can-t-connect/what-do-the-ligh...

have you performed a factory reset of the SH2  ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
All sorted! Router was relocated when fibre installed and plugged into an extension lead tucked under TV unit. Guess what? Only found a Tapo Wi-Fi plug which is switching everything off!!!!!
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Tofera, glad you found the cause and thanks for posting it as it may help other users in the future.

cheers

John

0 Ratings