cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full fibre upgrade

Go to solution

Apparently I can upgrade from my current broadband package to a faster Full fibre at not extra cost, is there a catch?
Also how do I find out if my full fibre connection would  be underground or overhead as I do not want my driveway dug up.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full fibre upgrade

Go to solution

The cost for the same package is the same whether provided by FTTC or FTTP 

His your 3xisting broadband provided underground to your home or from a pole?  Whichever is the way normally the fibre will also be provided

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you very much for that. At the moment I have halo3 60Mb, so I can upgrade to Full fibre 100 which is 150 Mbps (or even faster for just £1 more). seems to good to be true.
On my upgrade offer is say "1 month Speed boost to Full fibre 500" what does this mean.
p.s will I lose my landline if I upgrade to FF.?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@royc wrote:
Thank you very much for that. At the moment I have halo3 60Mb, so I can upgrade to Full fibre 100 which is 150 Mbps (or even faster for just £1 more). seems to good to be true.
On my upgrade offer is say "1 month Speed boost to Full fibre 500" what does this mean.
It means you will get speeds of 500Mbps for the first month in order to tempt you into upgrading at the end of the month once they have you hooked on the faster speed.
p.s will I lose my landline if I upgrade to FF.?
No, but it will be converted to Digital Voice rather than the analogue copper line you currently have
https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-phone-including-Digital/Digital-Voice-FAQs/td-p/2207485

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
Thank you. Sorry to be a pain but all this tech is beyond me.
1) Does the digital Voice landline mean I would need a new phone set?
2) at the moment I have my PC connected via BT broadband extenders and to the router with ethernet - can this still be done with full fibre?
Thank you
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

1. All is explained in the faq I posted the link to

2. Yes, router to PC is unchanged.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@royc wrote:
Thank you. Sorry to be a pain but all this tech is beyond me.
1) Does the digital Voice landline mean I would need a new phone set?
See link for info about Digital Voice
Solved: Digital Voice FAQs - BT Community
2) at the moment I have my PC connected via BT broadband extenders and to the router with ethernet - can this still be done with full fibre?

Full Fibre is how the medium is delivered to your house. Once it is in your property it gets connected to a ONT (digital modem) and a BT Smarthub will connect to that and everything will work in the same way as before.
Thank you

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for all your help, looks like I will have to take the plunge as my current copper line slows down during peak periods. Hope the full fibre will help with that.

0 Ratings