cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Help needed: disconnection issues ppp lcp termination request

Go to solution

Probably a very high error rate on your line.

Provided you do not have BT Digital Voice, see if there is any noise on your phone calls by dialling 17070 and selecting option 2.

The time you are seeing disconnections, is most likely the time that DLM is making changes to your connection, in an attempt to make the line stable. Its forcing a re-sync.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Go to solution

Hi Keith,

I haven’t got DV yet although I have had an email and post to say I’m switching quite soon, i hope that doesn’t complicate things further, I’ve done a quiet line test with a corded phone and all seems good, also have directly connected to the master socket in the past for 4-5 weeks at that time but issues were the same.

the last engineer that came out 2 months ago said my line was one of the best he’s seen when tested! And said this must be a back end issue.

with REIN could it be a neighbour causing the issue?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Go to solution

Also how will I get my speed back to normal as per my package plan, I’m on fibre 1 (71mbps/18mbps)?

thanks kindly

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Go to solution

Hi, paddy

did you have chance to look at my line stats that I’ve posted

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Raj1015,

Thank you for posting those details. It does look like there could be interference on the line which is impacting your connection. If you send me your details, I'll be able to run a few checks on your line.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Go to solution

Ok sent you the PM, let me know of any findings?

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

Speed dropped by half

Go to solution

Evening gents,

wow so I’ve had issues with ppp lcp disconnections and my speed dropped from 74 to 35mbps.

ok so I phone customer service who agreed and will send an engineer to reset my line next week…..ok

i log into my account and I’m still on fibre 1 and my speeds still state up to 71 and down, up to 18, ok great just checking I’m still on for what I’ve been paying

go to the deals page out of curiosity and BAM it says my fibre 1 ( must be a new name now) has different up and down speeds, 36 down and 9 up, hold on that’s what my router stats are telling me as well!!!

have BT halved our speeds without TELLING US because my payments are the same and about to go up in April 

WHATS GOING ON!!

it’s strange because when I log in to my Bt some pages show my existing normal what I’m paying for speed and others say I’m on a much lower speed.

everyone check your speeds if your on fibre1 (71down, 18up)

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Re: Speed dropped by half

Go to solution

Hi @Raj1015, I've moved your post onto your existing thread to prevent any confusion.

@PaddyB has already offered you our help and I can see you've sent over your details. One of the team will be in touch with you in the next few days to help you with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 25

Go to solution

Ok thanks John,

I just wondered if this is happening to others?

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

Go to solution

Hi @Raj1015, that's ok. It's just that you would only end up getting asked to post information that you've already posted on this thread so it's always best to keep all the information in one place.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings