cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Help needed with ORID

Hello!

Hoping somebody can help me. I am trying to move my broadband from BT to another provider but apparently there is issues with the ORID not showing my address as having a working phone line. I have tried phoning but last time, I got transferred to Technical who then denied knowing anything about what I was talking about 😫

Anybody have any ideas about how I get the ORID updated?!

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Help needed with ORID

Probably because it is ORDI (Openreach data integrity) not ORID.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Okay but how do I go about getting this updated? Even describing the issue (my address isn't showing an active line despite the fact I've had BT broadband for the last 2 years) didn't get me anywhere.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Is your address correct on royal mail database?

is your address the same on your BT account as royal mail?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Yes to both questions. My address isn't a new build. The line was installed in 2016 and I've changed providers before without this issue...☹️

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I have asked mods to see if they can help you  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 12

Hi @bertikus_maximus welcome to the community and thanks for posting. If you've moved providers before there shouldn't be an ORDI issue with your address, is your phone service provided by digital voice on a full fibre line?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Re: Help needed with ORDI

Hello @NeilO!

My broadband service is FTTC with digital voice (I think this was changed recently though as I seem to recall getting a letter from BT about it....).

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Hi @bertikus_maximus thanks for clarifying, if your new provider is looking for an active PSTN landline service to take over it won't show because the telephone number is now virtual and provided over your broadband.

I've come across this scenario before when the new provider says they can find an active service at the address. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 10 of 12

Ah ha! @NeilO @ That could make sense! Do you have any suggestions of how I convince the new provider (Plusnet btw 😅) that I do have an active line? 

0 Ratings