cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

How can I get fibre

Hello 

I have recently moved into a new house (it's not a new build) and unable to get fibre. Everyone on my street can but my house. 

I have rang up sky and bt and been told the cabinate is full. The problem is only 3 of the houses have tenants and 2 of the houses are unlivable. 

Is there a way I could get fibre to my house. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: How can I get fibre

@Andrew0790 

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If it shows "waiting list" against the VDSL info, then there are no free ports available, but its possible ADSL may be available.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 20

Screenshot_20220806-071704_Chrome.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

With so many houses on my estate empty and they have fibre, is there a way I could take one of there ports? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

@Andrew0790 

It shows fibre is available, but you would need to give the FTTP helpdesk a call on 0800 587 4787and see what they say. It depends on where the fibre splitter is, as that supports 32 connections but only 31 are used.

Message 6 of 20

Hi @Andrew0790 and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about the fibre availability in your area. As @Keith_Beddoe has mentioned your best bet would be to speak with the fibre team directly on the number he's provided. I'd be interested to know how you get on so please post back and let us know.

Cheers

David 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

If the DSL checker return is for your address , it shows FTTP is available, this doesn’t come from a cabinet , so the cabinet full statement is nonsense , if the area has been retro fitted with FTTP ( overlaying the copper network ) then if your property is served by telegraph poles there should be new equipment ( CBT ) on the poles….if fed underground , then the CBT will be in a footway joint box somewhere near by …the checker return has more info than you have posted, post the full return for your address and for a near neighbour address that can order FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Spoken to two open reach engineers today and apparently I'm missing the WiFi hub . I'm just trying to find out how to get one . 

20220819_114321.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

@Andrew0790 

That is provided by the ISP. Have you placed an order with BT Retail?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

The picture you have posred is an ONT which (if yours) shows you have FTTP supplied to your home so ports being full in the cabinet are immaterial. FTTP doesn't come from a cabinet.

Take note of the serial number on the front of the ONT and ring the FTTP team using the number provided by @Keith_Beddoe  earlier.

0 Ratings