cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

How long to Activate new 150 upgrade?

Hi, 

Hope you are all well.

I'm wondering if there is an activation period for fibre that I had fitted today. Details below.

• I am an existing BT customer and until today had  a 59-73 Mb copper connection
  • Openreach can provide full fibre in my area.
  • I took advantage of the free upgrade from copper to full-fibre 100 (150 for a month)

Openreach arrived today as expected and did his stuff outside and connected fibre from the pole to the box inside the house and connected the RJ45.

• RJ45 connected with green LAN light on
  • Fibre wire connected with green PON light on
  • LOS light off as it should be (unless there is a loss of signal then would be red I believe!)
  • Green power light on

Connections (see images)

• RJ45 connected to open reach box.
  • Other end of RJ45 connected to existing hub.
  • I tried wi-fi and connecting an RJ45 straight into the laptop.
  • I have unplugged and re plugged in the open reach box and the hub.
  • I've reset the hub.
  • I have tried a different RJ45 from the Openreach box to hub. 
  • I have unplugged the RJ45 and re-plugged in the copper cable but that no longer works.
  • The hub sticks on a combination of either flashing orange or flashing purple.
  • My devices all instantly connect to the buildings free 10mb wi-fi so it's not me or my devices.

I have no internet connection at all. I took Openreach guys work for it that all was well ...and he is gone before I used the internet again.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I spend a week getting the run around form Customer Service/Complaints team?

FibreImages.png

Many thanks for any help.

J

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: How long to Activate new 150 upgrade?

you need to edit out the serial number from the pic of the ONT

try phoning FTTP Team 08005874787 and see if they can help  have the ONT serial number handy and quote that as sounds like activation

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Did either you or the Openreach guy go into Hub Manager (192.168.1.254 into a browser connected to the hub) to turn on the WAN port on the hub?
You do this by going to Advanced Settings-Broadband-and then toggle Full Fibre (FTTP Mode) to 'on'
Message 4 of 6

HI @johnhannah 

Did you switch your Hub to Full Fibre mode?

Home->AdvancedSettings->Broadband

Switch the toggle for "Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode" to "On" - without that port 4 on your Hub still acts as a LAN port.

Message 5 of 6

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.

Gave FTTP team a call.
Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode button was OFF.
I switched it on and away we went.

Everything else was fine as per the trouble shooting.
All sorted now.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @ptrduffy

Thanks for your reply.
Gave FTTP team a call.
Full Fibre (FTTP) Mode button was OFF.
I switched it on and away we went.

Everything else was fine as per the trouble shooting.
All sorted now.
0 Ratings