cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Hybrid connect, why is the speed capped so low?

I have an FTTP fault the day after installation/migration from g.fast and as the title says,  why is hybrid 4g connection capped at 30/10?

My 3 years of  g.fast was approx 300/50 my FTTP for the 24 hours it worked was over 900/100 so max speeds all around for both products.

I now have no fixed internet connection and am using the 4g hybrid connection, its far slower than tethering to my own mobiles EE's 4G connection however the Hybrid device obviosuly connects to my homehub meaning all the existing devices, many which are wired remain connected which is a good thing and obvisuly all still works for things like security cameras when i go out and take my mobile with me, again thats a good thing.

Two bad things as i see it, although one worse than the other.

1) The ipv4 CGNAT thing, not a lot i can do about that.  I run a few things that need port forwarding  so it causes me issues but not a lot i can do about that. 

The MAIN issue I have with it is the speed cap

2) The hybrid 4g connection is capped at a very low rate, 30/10, why?  My mobiles EE 4g in my home is over 200meg down and at least 15meg up.  It actually struggled last night trying to watch BT sport and buffered several times while someone else was watching youtube, online clips etc, nothing particulary uber demanding.

Why are BT capping it?  I understand it should be capped at a rate similar to your homebroadband connection otherwise people could just unplug and use a possibly faster 4g connection BUT they should implement capping bands after all i do pay for the priviledge of having a backup.

0 Ratings