New FTTP connection this morning and IPV6 just wont work, was working fine with old provider but nothing here.
I have set it up to use the existing pppoe connection - DHCPv6 (and tried auto) - it fills in an ipv6 local FE address but all checkers fail to have an external ipv6 address ?
I know this is supposed to be enabled by default but some have found its not been the case, can someone kindly check this for me please.
Solved! Go to Solution.
IPv6 is enabled on all connections, make sure your device is configured correctly. BT use /56 PD
ive seen reports on here where the ipv6 wasnt setup correctly their end though, also i had it working on previous provider fine as i stated
TP-Link support was eventually able to solve this for me. The correct settings are shown as *xxx* below:
IPv6 - *Enable*/Disable. Enabling gives the following options:
- IPv6 Connection Type - choose from Dynamic IP, *PPPoE*, 6to4 Tunnel, or Bridge. If PPPoE is selected it asks whether to use the same account as IPv4 - *yes*
- Get IPv6 Address - choose from Stateful, Stateless, *Non-Address* or Auto
- Prefix Delegation - *yes*/no
- Obtain DNS automatically - yes/*no*. *Use Google's IPv6 DNS server addresses as follows: primary - 2001:4860:4860::8888 and secondary - 2001:4860:4860::8844*
- Assigned Type - choose from ND Proxy, SLAAC+Stateless DHCP, DHCPv6, or *SLAAC+RDNSS*
- Firewall Rules - *none required*
found these settings and now its working as expected.
Solved: IPv6: config help needed for third party router - BT Community