cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Infinity 2 FTTC Very Slow Peak Hours

As expected just spoken to BT, they now tell me that they will have to wait 3-4 days to see if what the engineer did will solve the problem. Absolute rubbish. They tell me that they can not escalate my problem at this time. Last night the speeds were 2-5Mbps again from 18:30 until Midnight. They also tell me that Zoom Internet have been pulling fibre cables in the area and that could have effected the network.

Paying top dollar for a Rubbish service!

I am not a complainer but it appears that everything is governed by simple online tests run during office hours when the problem is not affecting the line.

Robbie, please can you tell me if you are affiliated to BT and can anything be done to make some progress?

many thanks

Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

Hi @agmsturdy 

Thanks for posting an update.

I can advise that yes we are BT employees, I can see your message is in our Queue.

Once it reaches the top we can investigate this for you as @RobbieMac said this sounds like an over utilised vlan especially when it's affecting you during peak times in the evening.

We'll do our best to get this resolved for you.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

Many thanks for your reply, I just wondered why the problem seems to be being approached from 2 angles, the community being more realistic of the two.

I was called this morning and told that I would have to wait until the middle of next week to see if what the engineer had done to the hub wi-fi channels had solved the problem and settled the speeds down!

I do not believe this to be reasonable and was told that the matter could not be passed to Openreach at this time.

Please can you give me any idea as to when the issue may be addressed, i.e. how far am i down the queue?

I note that my reported fault has been closed down and marked as fixed as reported by me!!! this is not the truth and I think poor practice. I have only reported that fact that the problem still persists.

many thanks

Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

Screenshot_20230223_200928_My BT.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

Just wait for the mods to contact you when your case reaches the top of their queue. They are only a small team but are extremely good at resolving problems.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Hi @agmsturdy 

Thanks for your reply and screenshot.

From experience there are certain behaviours like speeds being fine until a certain time period each evening indicates over utilisation at the exchange.

However in some cases these can also be over utilisation in the home, which is why our suppliers sometimes ask for an engineer to carry out some tests first before going into making changes to vlans etc. This has gotten somewhat easier to avoid over the years.

You aren't far down the queue so I would hope you would be picked up soon if not today definitely Monday at the very latest.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

Thanks for the posts, your help and input is much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

Stats Friday evening for Information.Screenshot_20230224_211209_My BT.jpgScreenshot_20230224_212534_Speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

Update for Sunday Evening Just the same!!!!!Screenshot_20230226_213803_Speedtest.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

Hi @agmsturdy, thanks for posting the performance figures. One of the team will be in touch with you today.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings