cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Internet Dropping all the time but OpenReach say NO Fault ( please help )

I merged your posts are they are on same subject and gives history to problem

can you post current hub stats please

can you go to the technical log and then use filter for WAN and post the last few day's results

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Re: Intermittent Internet on FTTC broadband

It might be worth your while sending an e-mail to Philip Jansen. We did. His email address is in the public domain and easily found online. Based on our experience - he will act upon receiving it.

I can sympathise as we are up to our ninth visit from an 'engineer' for the same type of issue. I have an admission in writing from BT themselves that apart from occasional rare exceptions - they are not engineers. Therein lies a large part of the problem - among other limitations the lack of engineering mindset.

There also appears to be little or no record keeping so that each attendance is treated as a new problem rather than proceed with troubleshooting and diagnostics from the point where left.

"slight battery on the line" - most commonly caused by water ingress. Have you noticed any correlation between the weather and the fault occuring ?

Arthur

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Hi Arthur , 

I'm really finding it hard to get them to understand what the problem is. The call handler this morning couldnt grasp what I was trying to explain to her. 

There is no water ingress , copper pair tests fine as far as the OR engineer is concerned, the line is very " quiet " re : noise

The copper pair just goes from master socket ( house ) to the fibre cab which is about 500 metres via 1 pole and the  joint box. The OR engineer , yesterday opened the joint and all looked good.

I cant do anything else my end.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

They don't understand me either.

I have tried using technical language with 'engineers' and simple language with call handlers but with little, if any, benefit.

I can only reiterate my suggestion to contact Philip Jansen directly and explain your problem to him. 

Although we are still experiencing problems at least we now have a dedicated complaint handler whom we can easily contact. I have no complaint with them.

Did the engineer actually run any tests on the joint box or just rely on the mark 1 eyeball ?

Arthur

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Hi Arthur, not sure if he ran tests from the joint box ( the joint from the 20 / 30 pair from the DP to the joint box at pavement. I know he opened up the joint to check the  crimps and apparantly , all d.c checks from master socket to fibre cab appear ok ( thats what he said ). - Adrian

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Appearances can be deceptive.

In the case of an intermittent fault, if the fault is not occuring then tests are likely to return acceptable values. Additionally, sometimes, with High Resistance faults, the voltage used by the test equipment is sufficient to circumvent the problem area.

One benefit we have is that at the Consumer Resolution Office they undertake 24 / 7 monitoring of our line (with our permission) so we no longer have to argue there is a fault. They supply us with the undeniable details. Unfortunately denial (and belligerence) comes from some of the BT 'engineers'.

Arthur

0 Ratings