cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Internet connection breaking

@janetelfer 

You don't appear to have done anything about possible external interference.

Have you tried using a WiFi analyser app on your to check for networks near you and the channels in use then go to your hub  manger then wireless and change your WiFi channels from smart to free or less congested channels shown by the WiFi analyser

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 16

I'd be surprised if interference would cause a complete loss of WIFI, most WIFI AP's can operate still with plenty of interference and still provide connectivity. Your latency would be effected and overall bandwidth but I personally wouldnt expect a 'drop out'. 

@janetelfer I dont think its been said, but aside from checking for interference...when you next get a drop in connection on the wireless, grab an ethernet cable, if you have one spare and connect your laptop directly to the back of the Hub and see if indeed internet is down or if its just WIFI.   

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 13 of 16

@imjollyThank you for your reply, I appreciate your help. Sadly the methods you suggest are a shade too technical for me. However, with BT's promises about the benefits of fibre I would be disappointed if their signal was outgunned. I'll have to leave it to the mods I think. Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Keep the thread updated though, be interesting to see the results.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

@naylor2006  Thank you again. Sadly, I don't have an ethernet cable.

Out of interest, when the connection has dropped, I've checked to see if there are any issues with BT in my area and each time I've done so there's been no issue reported. I've also checked that it's not just my laptop that's affected because I've not been able to get wifi on the phone either.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

If you have the Smart Hub 2 im pretty sure you will have an ethernet cable. It comes with one you connect to Openreach equipment on the wall, the ONT, and one other, one us red and one is yellow. So you may find you have one spare in the box.

0 Ratings