cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Is BT Master Socket still needed

At the end of the month we will be moving to full fibre broadband having been on fibre to cabinet with digital voice of a while. Given we have digital voice with handsets connected to our Smart Hub 2, will I still need my old BT Master Socket once the ONT is installed?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Is BT Master Socket still needed

No

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

Thank you @imjolly, would you know if the engineer will remove the old socket?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

They don't remove the sockets normally as cabling still there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 5

My advise, don't remove the master socket, or disconnect the wires or switch over the hub to FTTP until you know you the full fibre install is working and stable for 24 hours. 

If not, and it falls over due to a fault or Openreach mess up, you will need to switch back to FTTC on the hub to get connected again. 

0 Ratings