cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Junction box

Hi all

just been round the side of the house and see the Junction box where the openreach cable arrives at the house and passes up to the loft where the main phone and broadband connect.

Is it worth contacting BT and would it be a chargeable job?

I can’t say that it is effecting my speeds

thanks 

5E9BBE7D-7D1B-4ADF-B3AF-6EE8B7BC432A.jpeg

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Junction box

Are you getting problems with your phone?  If not unlikely you will get openreach as 'not broke don't fix it' 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

Thanks. No problems at all. Just wondered if it was worth preempting future problems 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Have you taken the cover off to take the pic or is it missing?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

@TheRealBudski wrote:

Thanks. No problems at all. Just wondered if it was worth preempting future problems 

What problems are you expecting? There is absolutely nothing wrong there to fix as long as the cover isn't missing as @rbz5416  has mentioned.

Message 6 of 13

The cover is missing. Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Couldn't be sure with the limitation of image size on this forum but it looked like the retaining screw had rusted through. In that case report it to BT as once water gets in there you will get problems. In the meantime I'd cover it with a plastic bag secured with an elastic band.

Message 8 of 13

Thanks very much @licquorice @rbz5416 @imjolly 

I’ll call in the morning. I assume that it would be a non-chargeable call-out?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Yes, but don't hold your breath waiting for Openreach to come and fix it though. It shouldn't cause any problems in the short term as the connections are jelly crimped. Has the lid disappeared? If you can find it you could just tape it on with gaffer tape.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Is the box sheltered like in outhouse or garage as does not look like any signs of damp 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.