cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

New SH2 arrived today - can I try it now?

Go to solution

So my new Smart hub 2 arrived today, in preparation for my switch to full fibre next Thursday.  I was thinking I'd like to test it before then,  so wondering if it would work ok in place of my old SH1, on my current BT FTTC connection?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: New SH2 arrived today - can I try it now?

Go to solution

you can use it if you want  just make sure in setting that it is not set to FTTP and if it is just move switch to off and should work ok   I would change the SSID of the SH2 to that of your existing hub and also the password to existing password and that way your wifi devices should connect automatically with you having to go round changing

remember to turn FTTP back on when using on FTTP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

It works just fine on FTTC with the hub set to FTTP mode, you just lose a LAN port which you will lose anyway when you move to FTTP

Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Is it one particular LAN port?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

port 4is a WAN port and where you connect ONT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Port4

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks a lot 👍.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Up and running.  It updated the firmware within 5mins of being switched on...

v0.38.00.10147-BT

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

That's great to see @joepineapples 

I'm glad @imjolly and @licquorice's advice helped you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Just a question on the fttp installation.  Will the engineer be still willing to route the outside cable around a 90degree wall angle ?.  I say 'still' because a neighbour two doors down had theirs routed this way (from the same pole), which enabled the outside box to be placed at the side, rather than front of house.  This was a few years ago though.

0 Ratings