cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New customer- previous service switched off but no hub delivered!!!

So today I am due to switch from TalkTalk to BT. 

The hub should have arrived Saturday, tracking shows it at North West Parcel hub since 6th. Help says it may take longer than the advised time.

Attempts to phone BT state wait times of 40+ minutes - haven't been able to wait long enough to speak to someone.  But trying again now and have been on hold for over an hour now.

BT have been very efficient in switching my broadband over (off!!)  but without the hub I am left without broadband.   I switched to BT in the hope of getting a better service so this isn't a good start.

Any suggestions how I can resolve this?

Either get some info/action from BT. Or is it possible to configure my TalkTalk hub to work temporarily.

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New customer- previous service switched off but no hub delivered!!!

BT and openreach were on strike today hence why having problems getting CS. Should be ok tomorrow but expect very busy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, wasn't aware of that.  Perhaps they shouldn't have gone ahead with switching my internet access off today if they knew they were going to have staff issues, and told customers to expect service problems.  Seems like poor planning.

I held on, an hour an a half on the the call but got through to a very pleasant and helpful lady.  She's sending another hub.  Still means I'm likely to be offline for a couple more days but hopefully that one will get here soon (as long as the post office aren't on strike again in the next couple of days ,😮)

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

What router did you use with Talktalk? I wonder if that can be configured with manual PPPoE login as a stop gap.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Robjay 

Bear in mind that RM are striking on 13th so the replacement could also be delayed. Might be an idea to grab a cheap BT Hub from Facebook Marketplace or similar to get you going.

0 Ratings