We have signed up for a fibre installation with BT. Openreach turned up in the week but were unable to pull the new fibre cable to our house, apparently there is a blockage in the duct. The engineer said another team would have to come out but couldn't say when. In the meantime BT have confirmed a date for an engineer to carry out the internal installation.
We are concerned as we don't know when the external installation of the fibre will take place and hence unsure as to how an engineer can carry out the internall installation confirmed as 3rd March.
Any advice would be well received.
If the OR tech that turned up didn’t fit the internal kit , it’s probable that you were always a two stage install , they suspected that your installation could be a problem ( and that has turned out to be true ) ,
if you have the 3rd March as an install date , then obviously OR have a target date to resolve the issue with the blocked duct , stopping the cable from the CBT in the footpath being introduced into the CSP on your house wall , you could try contacting BT and asking why the external work is showing as complete, when it isn’t ,( that does seem wrong ) but providing the OR tech took the necessary action to pass your job to the appropriate people ( civils or specialists in clearing blocked ducts without excavation ) , someone else should be attending site to do whatever is necessary to get the ‘external’ cable to your house ready for 3rd March, provided you have consented to excavation if it proves to be necessary, then you won’t need to be there , and it’s a bit early to be worried, still 3 weeks to unblock or repair the duct.
So I have checked with BT as to why the order online is showing that the external works are complete. They say they have checked with Openreach and they confirm they are complete, which is a complete mystery as there are no other visible cables other than the original copper cable and no CSP see photo.
As it stands an engineer is coming out to complete the install on the 3rd March i.e. the internal installation which is going to be interesting given there isn't a Fibre cable to connect too. 🤔
So a quick update,
We still don't have fibre, but thankfully we still have our copper connection. We did have our visit from Openreach on the 3rd as scheduled but as predicted the fibre cable wasn't in place and couldn't be pulled to our house, the OR chap was very helpful which is some consolation.
We did have a second visit on the day but that also proved unsuccessful as they need traffic management to access a chamber that is in the carriageway. We still don't have any details as to when the fibre connection will be made hopefully it will be soon, but the lack of communication is deafening considering all the communication up to the appointment on the 3rd March from BT and OR.
Hi @ncartwr and thanks for the update.
Traffic management requires permission from the local council which can cause delays. I can try and find out what's happening here. I've dropped you a private message so you can send me over the details.