cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

No internet. External issue. Resolved then goes again every time.

Hi there. Thursday last week my internet dropped (solid orange light). I called BT and it was determined that there was an external issue and that an engineer would look at it. A fault was opened, and I was able to check its status. Six hours later and I had a solid blue light again and the fault status changed to 'fixed'.

15:15 the following day, Friday, orange light again. I call BT. Fault status changed to 'not fixed'. Engineer looks at it, presumably, because blue light at 22:30 and fault status changed to 'fixed'.

15:16 the following day, Saturday, orange light. I called BT. Fault status set back to 'not fixed'. This time I was without Internet until the day after, yesterday, at 22:30. Fault status 'fixed'.

Today, Monday, orange light at 14:23. I call BT. Engineer booked. I think. Status of fault has been left on 'fixed' this time, which worries me. Agent promised me a call tomorrow, but the agent on Saturday promised that too and he didn't; I end up calling and speaking to a new person each time. Light is orange as I go to bed now, 22:45.

I am not getting anywhere. I work from home and have health problems. I cried on the phone today to the agent because I'm trapped in groundhog day. I've been using fibre 2 for almost 18 months with no issues until last week.

Is there anything I can do apart from go around and around like this? They 'fix' it, I get some time to use it, then its gone again. It always goes around the same time of day, but that doesn't seem to be helping the engineer diagnose what the problem is (I haven't been contacted by an engineer during all this). I'm using annual leave to cover time I can't work because I can't get online, but that's not sustainable.

Thanks for reading. If nothing else, it helped to write about it.

Edit: It's just come back, 23:10, following the same pattern. I expect it will be down by 15:30 tomorrow, but I will cling to a little hope.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: No internet. External issue. Resolved then goes again every time.

Hi @hoggle1976,

Thank you for posting. I can understand your frustration and I'm sorry you haven't been able to get the fault fixed. If you send me your details I'll be able to run a few checks on your line and help you get the service repaired.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings