cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

No internet for a month due to fibre line being registered to the wrong address

Hello all 

I’m writing to you as I have no where else to go, I have been without internet for a month now with no sight of a light at the end of the tunnel. It all started when my provider at the time TalkTalk cancelled my Internet because someone contacted them regarding moving providers which wasn’t me, after about a week back and forth on the phone I found that’s because the property I live in has changed names and another property on the premises has my old name. My fibre line is registered to the wrong address, so even though I have a fully working fibre line because openreach have that line under the wrong address I can’t get any provider to give me my fibre internet back. Please if anyone has had this before or knows who to contact to sort the issue I’d be so grateful as I have no idea where to go from here. 

regards Stuart

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: No internet for a month due to fibre line being registered to the wrong address

this would appear to be a problem between you and Talk Talk.  is your address correct in royal mail database?

there is no link from the forum to openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: No internet for a month due to fibre line being registered to the wrong address

@Stuiee 

Try posting on the Talk Talk user forum, as this is the BT Retail forum.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/custom/page/page-id/ForumIndex

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

TalkTalk can’t help me I need someone from bt or openreach to sort the problem 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

You need to be a BT customer to get any help and there is no connection from here to openreach

You need to get TT to raise an ORDI with openreach to get your address corrected on openreach database

Is your address correct on royal mail database?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

An ORDI request needs to be sent to Openreach, but this can only be done by your existing provider (TalkTalk). If you have ceased your contract with TalkTalk, then any new provider can raise an ORDI request once all of the cease tasks have been closed.

This has nothing to do with BT Retail, as you are not a current BT Retail customer.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Yes the address is on the Royal Mail system 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Talk Talk can help you, once you check your address is correct on the Royal Mail database all Talk Talk needs to do is  request Openreach to conduct an ORDI which will correct their database and problem solved.

0 Ratings