cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 64

No internet

Go to solution

OpenReach engineer came out Today to install FTTP but was only able to complete as there is a broken cable duct at the road so now have to get civil out to sort it.  He said everything at the house is done BUT my wife just called me to say that our existing internet (TalkTalk) which isn't due to be disconnected until July 1st is now not working.  Does the engineer usually disconnect the copper connection to the house when he connects fibre?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
63 REPLIES 63
Message 2 of 64

Re: No internet

Go to solution

the installation of FTTP has nothing to do with your existing copper FTTC connection.  have you phone Talk Talk to see if they have disconnected you?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 64

Go to solution

Not clear from your post what was able to be "completed"? If he's installed the ONT in anticipation of being able to complete today, then maybe he disconnected the TalkTalk router & forgot to reconnect it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 64

Go to solution

The internet was working five minutes before he arrived but my wife checked a few minutes after he left and it wasn't working.  We called Talk talk and they said no problems with their service. 

My wife called BT and was told the engineer must have disconnected it and they will send a 4G router until they can get the copper reconnected. 

Just wondering why he touched it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 64

Go to solution

I checked when I got home and the TalkTalk router is still connected to the walljack.

The part he wasn't able to complete was running the fibre from the connection unit outside down to the road due to a blocked conduit.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 64

Go to solution

OR shouldn’t disconnect the existing copper service , especially if you are still in contract with another provider until July 1st,

Its possible the OR tech has somehow managed to cause a fault on the copper pair  line trying to get the fibre cable into the same duct , the only common point would be the blocked duct from your home to the joint box , or irrespective of what TT have said, TT have disconnected your copper service earlier than agreed….there is no ‘connection’ between the copper and fibre network apart from the physical infrastructure they share ( like ducts , joint boxes etc ).
If you were keeping the phone number you have with TT and porting it onto the BT FTTP , it could be by the engineer closing the task , it triggered the completion of the transfer of the number to BT , TT would cease your service irrespective of the date they said in these circumstances 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 64

Go to solution

That sounds more than likely yes!

4G router arrived Saturday morning and I am quite surprised at how well it is performing.

Just a matter of waiting for Civils to sort the duct problem and then get the connection done and we should be good to go.   BT are reporting that OpenReach are saying civils will be done on or before 24th.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 64

Go to solution

We received a revised date for Civils to come out and sort the underground ducting and that is this morning so I am HOPING by the end of Today to find my connection is finally working as it was due to be live on June 17th.

Guessing we will get the £5 a day compensation for the everything not being activated on the day it should be!?

Watch this space...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 64

Go to solution

Told by BT that OpenReach Civils would be out at 08:30 this morning to get the duct sorted and get our connection live and as of 11:30 they are a no show!  Wife called BT at 9:30 and was told yes they will be there this morning!

I've never seen such a waste of time as this, we are 11 days past our activation date with no service whatsoever.... 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 64

Go to solution

Is your 4G router no longer working?

0 Ratings