cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Non Fibre packages and installation?

Go to solution

Hello I’m sorry if this is a very dumb question and in the wrong category.

I have recently moved into my very first private rental. I am sorting out the internet package.

Are normal connections without a fibre box installation inside the house not being offered anymore? 

I am only being offered Full Fibre Essentials, 1, 2, 100, 500 and 900 when I attempt to set up a package. We have a BT box outside and a normal open reach BT socket on the inside. The landlord has refused our request to have the box installed for fibre. Is there somewhere on the website where I can buy a non fibre package?

Thank you. Again sorry if I am being stupid.

Billy.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Non Fibre packages and installation?

Go to solution

Does your new home already have an openreach master socket fitted and an existing phone line to the property?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

If full fibre is available to you then online only the full fibre packages will be shown as the telecom industry is wanting to shift to full fibre only.

To also note if you are in an exchange area where where there is a stop sell of copper based products then any provider that uses the Openreach network such as BT Consumer will only be able to place an order for a full fibre product.

You can find your exchange using the address checker at: www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi thank you for the reply. Sorry I do not know the answer to either of the questions. I have attached pictures of the equipment I can see. 

EFC8920E-E870-42B8-A2B4-388A03414749.jpeg

29E6D53D-A472-4861-8B4F-3DE63C5ED3DD.jpeg

 I have used the broadband checker and it says “

Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
Y
N
Y

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange”

I hope this helps you help me.

thank you 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Does this mean if I am to go with BT I will need the fibre box installed on the inside of the property? And since my landlord refuses I must go with a different provider? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Bilbo48 

Your results from the BT Wholesale checker has confirmed it. You are on a exchange with a copper based product stop sell.

All providers will only be able to offer you a full fibre based product.

Recommend telling your landlord that they need to understand that only full fibre products are available. See https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/retiring-the-copper-network

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Okay that has answered my question and cleared up all my confusion. Thank you very much, have a wonderful day/night. I hope he understands and let’s us go ahead with the installation.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

It might be an idea to tell your landlord that an FTTP install will increase the value of his property. I'm sure he will agree then.

0 Ratings