cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 25

Re: Package & Speed Downgraded - Won't let me upgrade to speeds I had previously

As long as you replied to the PM from the mods you will be in the queue and they will get to you as soon as it's your turn. Be patient as they must be a bit busy ATM but they will get to you.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 25

Re: Package & Speed Downgraded - Won't let me upgrade to speeds I had previously

Hi @YetiWakes  I'm sorry that you've not been contacted yet. I've had a look at our queue and can't find a PM from you would you please send it again? We'll check if someone in the team is already working on this for you and if not we'll get it sorted.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 25

Hi. @JohnC2 

It was sent to Daniel S. I simply replied to the PM he sent me? Bis it supposed to be sent elsewhere.  If so let me know or I can just PM you direct?  Not entirely sure how this is supposed to work 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 25

Hi @YetiWakes  you can reply to Daniel's message or send the info to me. The reply should go into our queue so if you post back and let me know I'll check straight away that we have received it.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 25

Hi. @JohnC2 

Just resent PM to you.

Thanks for help. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 25

Hi @YetiWakes thanks and we've got your message now. Sorry, but the first one to Daniel never arrived in the queue. We'll be in touch, after the weekend at the latest, to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 25

So we are now over 2 weeks in since first asking about this and still no resolution.

When they finally received my PM I was told they had done a DLM reset on the line and they could see it was syncing at a higher rate of high 60's.  Unfortunately that is just not true and nothing has changed.

Running BT wholesale speed test on a wired PC direct into router in master socket with nothing else connected to the network, again max I could get was still only 37Mbps.   The interesting this is this speed test reports that the IP profile of my line is only 38.72Mbps and has everytime I have run it before and after the reset.  Seems a bit of a coincidence this is the highest rate I can achieve - There has got to be some other limit in place that this test is picking up that they are missing causing the slowdown. 

On top of all this I notice that since their reset was run my DSL connection now resets over night around midnight / 1 am everyday and it never used to do that!

I have PM'd this info to the admin to be told he's not away but someone else will take it up.  That was 7 days ago and heard nothing since!

It really shouldn't be this hard.  I'm paying for a higher connection rate I haven't had for months but don't see any refund coming or any help to sort it out. 

Attached here reports from todays tests. 

It really shouldn't be this hard and need this much faffing on the customers behalf.

speedtest results.jpgrouterone.jpgroutertwo.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 25

Hi @TheYetiWakes / @YetiWakes,

I can see that @RobbieMac picked this up for you from @NeilO.

Robbie is in the office tomorrow. I'm making him aware that you were in touch so he can pick this up with you.

I've noticed that you have two accounts on the Community. Which account would you prefer to keep active?

Thanks

DanielS

Message 19 of 25

The speeds you are quoting are download speeds but all speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds to your router.   No ISP guarantees download speed

Was  the notification you received saying that a DLM reset had been done come from the mods or elsewhere? 

From the stats you have posted you are on fibre 2 but you are again in  a banded profile.  Previously you were in 44mb band but now at 49mb band.  Another  DLM reset is pointless until you can get a stable connection so maybe you need engineer visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 25

@DanielS  Don't 2 accounts make you get seen to twice as fast?🤣🤣🤣

0 Ratings