cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Packet loss at minute intervals?

We're on a Fibre 250 plan (G.fast over a short-ish length of copper) and since yesterday we've been seeing periods of complete outage, but the rest of the time packet loss on the minute for about 4 seconds. I haven't completely ruled out other factors, but it does seem to an external issue, rather than being related to the internal network.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Screenshot 2022-05-12 at 17.35.19.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Packet loss at minute intervals?

My line had been showing increasing packet loss recently until almost failing completely on Sunday. At that point there was horrendous noise on the line & sometimes no dial tone. Reported & repaired on Tuesday, so a quiet line test would be worth a try, especially if like me you don't use the landline.

Message 3 of 4

Hi @tobiasjs,

How are things with your connection? Did you try the quiet line test as suggested by @rbz5416?

If you're still having problems with your connection, post back.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As said line noise is the most likely cause. 17070 option 2 and best with corded phone. You may get a dull hum with cordless. The line should be silent between announcements.

Any noise (other than stated) should be reported as a noisy line fault, NOT broadband. Once the line is sorted you broadband should follow suit.

0 Ratings