Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 46

Re: Poor speeds - FTTP

How can I enable it?

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 46

Thanks, I use Chrome and googled speeding up downloads but the link it leads to there was no option to enable parallel.

Will give it a go in Edge.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 46

Thanks @pippincp , enabling it in both Chrome and Edge reduced the time to around 8 minutes.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 46

To update this thread. Nothing changed on my internal setup.

I had packet loss on the line and despite raising it with BT, fell on deaf ears, and the speeds fluctuation continued.

I had City fibre working on the pole outside my road and whether its connected, I don't know, as they took the line from the previous pole to this overground, so not sure if they could have impacted the BT fibre some how or even if that is possible?.

The packet loss on my line is gone, all servers are reporting decent speeds, the fast.com is hardly ever below 500, and those that were reporting 30MB are now over 300. 

It might all be a coincidence, happy as the speed is consistent and what I expected with FTTH.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Message 46 of 46

The way FTTP works there isn’t really anyway City Fibre can have ‘fixed’ anything by simply being in the vicinity, it’s just a coincidence that the issue resolved at the same time as you noticed CF in the area

Chances are  that probably some issue was identified and resolved ,  not on the passive network ( fibre, splitter , CBT etc ) but some active element ( OLT electronics ) or even corrupted data and whatever the issue was , it was fixed  , the issue was never likely to have affected  just you  ( unless you were the only user on the PON ) the passive network can’t really present issues the way you experienced them , with the passive elements of the network, it either works because the signal is present and of sufficient power or the signal isn’t present or the loss is such that the ONT displays LOS .

0 Ratings