cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT Broadband Speed below Minimum Guaranteed

The brief stats posted suggest you have an FTTC connection and therefore the FTTP option in the hub stats should be set to  OFF and not ON.

Connection time is very low is that due to hub dropping connection or manual reset?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 12 of 27

bmshotvp_33-1655053412472.png

Sorry couldn't find colour swap.

Delay due to lack of connection - it crashed for the 3rd time (at least) today

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

I changed FTTP to FTTC; that was the last router restart which was after my last report

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 27

Are you connected to the master socket and if so which one 

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 15 of 27

The right hand one,  no 7, bulky curved with 2 connectors- note that the landline phone is voip.

I have changed ***p to ***c  in hub management based on your comment- all seems well at present and working, hopefully.

And hoping that the reverse change becomes necessary before too long. [(;-})

Thanks for your help thus far.

I found some difficulty at times blocking me because of the current outstanding fault that is with BT .

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

as you have digital voice and VOIP then the quiet line test is not appropriate to check your broadband connection for line noise

the dslchecker will also not work with your phone number and you need to use your address to get any results

if your connection appears more stable and changing FTTP to off then leave it and see if dropped connections keeps happening

Message 17 of 27

The NTE5C (socket 7 in the picture) is prone to giving disconnection problems as the frontplate only clips on rather than screwed on.

As you have Digital voice, you could remove the frontplate and connect your hub directly to the test socket. You will either need a filter or adapter to convert the Hub's lead RJ11 plug to fit the BT 431 socket.

Message 18 of 27

Thanks for that  Great so Something to thin the socket- we've got gaffer tape holding it now.

Going from p to c has reduced but not eliminated the broadband problem - down to 3  dropouts today 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 27

@bmshotvp 

As mentioned here As mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M6775

You need to connect things up as shown below, and see if you still get disconnections. Leave it like that for a few days.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket chec

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

Thanks. As the phone is VoIP and plugs into the hub I assume the filter is unnecessary provided the connection has an adaptor to get from rj to bt types?

0 Ratings