cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT Broadband speeds reducing over time

Go to solution

HI iniltous,

Thansk for the feedback, so the explanation of last year MGS 17M, This year only 12M and not just with currnt 'provider' is just that the infrastucture isn't good enough / despite digital britain  / is failing to maintan the mediocre rate due a local demand, noting were a bit of a small estate of ~ 100 houses in teh middle on knowhere.  I'm 'lucky' at the moment as my contract runs for another 12m with a MGS of 17M, however if for my e.g. my neighbour contracted now they'd only get a MGS of 12M ( as they would with most other providers for this paost code of ~ 30 houses.  So why the contractual difference, if I can have a MGS of 17M  (previously 21), why should next door only get 12M, whan last year it would have been 17, seems like the infrastructure  /  digital britain is being over sold, with no mentions things are actually getting worse!  No doubt given this trend next years renewal / switch will only be for <10M.! There is no option as all here is on OpenReach Infra, so much for 'Levelling Up' , so not only getting less, but also having to pay more for a diminishing service no matter what ISP (of course all generally off OpenR)

Its sort of tollerable to know it's not just current ISP, but a failure of (local) UK infrastructure and annoying given all the govenrment / ISP marketing at how good they are when in fact some existing services are gettign worse by a factor of ~2, 21 to 17 to 12 (can't remember what the MGS was 5 years ago, but given my log of actual going back 5 years probably ~24. 

I dont see publicity mentioning this, or even humility from teh ISP industry, even if it want to 'blame' OR for the inadequte local backbone.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

Give it a rest, nobody is interested in your rantings.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

The MSG isn’t some limit imposed on a line , it’s a point at which you can be excused any early termination charges should you wish to leave because the MSG hasn’t been observed, if you were a BT customer you may be asked to provide your router statistics to gauge if your line is underperforming, but you aren’t a BT customer so you are not likely to be asked that , although you are at liberty to take it up with your own ISP .

For all you know , the reason your MSG is lower than it was previously , is due to a line fault ( or your own internal set up or equipment) that can be rectified or improved, that’s why I gave two explanations of falling line rates , you seem to have only considered one (crosstalk) but as you are not BT Customer then it’s hardly BT’s concern,  any non ISP specific issues you may feel you have about whatever digital Britain is , or levelling up , lack of alternative network etc .etc . need to be addressed to the appropriate body’s responsible for them .

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

I'm going to lock this thread. @APerson if you need any further assistance, please contact your service provider.

Thanks,

Paddy