cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Connection dropping

I'll give that a try - I've got some new cat8 cables I bought recently so I'll swap one of those in.

In the meantime, I've got another Smart Hub 2; I'm looking to minimise household disruption so I'm going to change the SSID and password to match the existing hub.

I've got it switched on but not connected to the broadband connection. I've been able to change the SSID (added an extra character so there's no clash until I actually swap it in), but it won't let me change the wifi password - it just says "Changes must be saved", though clicking the save button doesn't do anything - it just hangs.
It's the same heiroglyphics from the existing (possibly failing) smart hub 2 so I don't see it being anything to do with the password standards..
Any clues?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Just swapped the cable - now to see if it makes a difference.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

It's not only me then!!!

Same here, copper was solid.

I have had 5 hubs and numerous bods from open reach. It's still dropping out.

Also I have had no landline for 4 weeks. It was cut off when fibre was installed, I didn't know this!!!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@lyn201700 

If you want help from this  BT community, it would be best if you started your own thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/BTInfinity

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Nope - still dropping internet, requiring a reboot.

..and the second hub is a waste of time too. There's no way of changing the wifi password (yes, I've seen the recommendation about turning off smart setup - no difference).

So - any more guesses folks?
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

You need to have a fairly modern telephone and plug it into the back of the router but be warned, it only works when your connection is active so is as flaky as the broadband service.

0 Ratings