cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Received an email from Openreach saying FTTP is available. But it's not.

Hi There

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. 

I'm currently paying £25 a month for 3MBPS and it's obviously abysmal, sky Q, PS5, SERIES X, Ipads, Switches all gathering dust and I have to work from my Mother's house. So I make some enquiries about fibre to be told its just not happening, out of left field I get an email from Openreach saying engineers have finished upgrading the area and full FTTP is now available to order. That email was today 22/09/2022.

So I excitedly check BT, SKY, EE and go through some phone calls and live chats to be told it's still not available. Has anyone else experienced this? Extremely frustrating.

I'm hoping it's just a case of me being very quick and it's not updated on all sides yet.

Thanks for any advice, help and chatter.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Received an email from Openreach saying FTTP is available. But it's not.

there was similar post recently  It looks like openreach have issued circulars to an area but not everyone in the area is able to get FTTP yet

if BT customer enter your phone number and post results - use address if phone number does not work

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Openreach update their database Friday afternoons. You then have to give it time to permiate to the ISP's.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

I hit accept as a solution by accident 🙃 

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 330Upto 50--Waiting List--
Other Offerings Availability Date
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
--
--
26-08-2022
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
Y
N
Y

As a fibre priority exchange, FTTP has priority over other products if available at the address

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31 Oct 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

there should be a lot more information from dslchecker than you have posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Screenshot_20220922-123158_Chrome-ImResizer.jpg

 sorry I had to resize the image. It was just copy and paste before but it removed HTML and messed it up. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Looks like problem is there is a waiting list for connection

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Firstly, I can understand your pain with the copper 3Mbps. Full Fibre (FTTP) is going to be a great change!

There might be a little bit of a delay on the part of the Broadband ISPs for their own systems to update to reflect the new "FTTP available status". As the end user customer, all we can do is keep checking the ISP website checkers and waiting for them to update and display the FTTP products.

So best thing is to keep checking the Openreach based providers often. And if your existing Non FTTP contract is nearing an end, then don't renew it until you can see FTTP products as available.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@JamesBand5  The best and easiest check is the BTWholsale one. As soon as it shows available there it is available to all ISP's usine the Openreach network.

Message 10 of 10

Yes, I agree that that is the most up to date website that helps confirm when FTTP is available at the address. The trouble is that various ISPs do not always update their own systems immediately. BT usually do thankfully. The OP mentioned some other ISP websites were not yet showing it as available via the address checker.
0 Ratings