cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Recent frequent connection drops

@NicolasS 

If BT sent you a replacement hub it is unlikely to be anything to do with the firmware update on previous hub.  I like many others have had the new update without any problems and can be seen by number of posts about the firmware

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

My phone socket is number 7 . Its the only one , there are no extensions

@Keith_Beddoe 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Check your system to see when the firmware update was applied ( and if you re on the same version I am on) and when the drop outs started being more frequent.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

@Robmonster wrote:

My phone socket is number 7 . Its the only one , there are no extensions

That one is prone to connection problems.

As mentioned https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/2019-Master-Socket-kit-loose/m-p/1985566#M6775

You need to connect things up as shown below, and see if you still get disconnections. Leave it like that for a few days.

NTE 5C Test socket checkNTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

That's odd though, I've not moved or disturbed any equipment or cabling.

I did move the hub about 6 months ago however the logs show repeated disconnections beginning shortly after this update. 

I still need to perform the factory reset on the device, trying to find a time when I am available for the necessary in-house it work that will require. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

I don't have any microfilters. My Hub connects directly into the faceplate pictured in number 7 above. Its a FTTC connection if that makes any difference. There are no extensions off this master socket. The socket itself was installed roughly 6 years ago by a BT/Openreach engineer, and the only phone in the house plugs directly into it, the Hub into the other socket.

In this case, will using the Test Socket do anything, as there is no in-house wiring to eliminate.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

When I say I moved the hub about 6 months ago, it was literally a few feet
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Its the connection between the Mk4 faceplate and the test socket that is the issue. The only way to prove it is by using a microfilter, they are not expensive.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/On-going-issue-2-years-and-counting/m-p/2211029#M3338...

You may like to read all of that thread, as the PCB was faulty.

PS. BT Openreach do not exist.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

I'll also add qualifying by using BT/Openreach means nothing as BT also use Qube engineers (so called engineers) as "in house" techs.

@Keith_Beddoeis right, the MK4 faceplate causes more problems that any other and was only introduced because the majority of users didn't know how to use a screwdriver.

Go figure.😂

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

So, quick update on this. I haven't made any config changes, haven't even found the time to reset the router to defaults. ~My connection has been stable for the past 15 days and counting....

0 Ratings