cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Replacement Router

I recently "upgraded' from sky FFTC to BT Full Fibre 150

The Smart Hub 2 I was provided is absolutely garbage, there are dead spots and drop outs all over the house, resulting in much worse internet performance than I was getting from Sky at every device that isn't connected by an ethernet cable. The internet speed is fine. 

I resolved to buying a new TP-Link Archer72 router to try and resolve the problem, hoping that I wouldn't need to use the OneMesh capabilities but knowing they would be available.

Ive plugged the router in tonight but it won't connect to the internet, after no joy getting through to BT and a bit of reading on here it sounds like I may have jumped the gun on buying a router as BT won't allow you to use anything other than their not so smart hub. I'm hoping I've got the wrong end of the stick but can anyone please confirm? 

Thanks, Tom 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Replacement Router

You're free to use a 3rd party hub, although if you have Digital Voice it's only compatible with the SH2, so you might not have any phone service now.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thank you Richie, I don't even know what digital voice is so....

Any ideas why the new router wouldn't connect to the internet? Or who I should be seeking technical help from, BT or TP-Link? As you can probably tell I'm not the most savvy with this stuff.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You will need to enter the login credentials, you want :

bthomehub@btbroadband.com with a password either blank or “BT”

Message 5 of 8

Have you configured the router with the generic PPPoE details of username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT?

Message 6 of 8

You also need to make sure you select wireless router mode in quick setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 8

Thank you all for the information re the login credentials, ill give it a try tomorrow 😊

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Also check VLAN is set to 101

Not neccessary on FTTP.

0 Ratings