cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

Rubbish Service from BT

I upgraded my broadband to full broadband and BT arranged for the change to be effected on Friday. Having disconnected my existing broadband, the engineer could not complete the installation as he said another engineer needed to connect the wire to the pole. Since then I have had no broadband and BT do not seem able to get off their **bleep** and do something about it. I keep getting told it is the fault of Openreach but BT seem unwilling to get Openreach to attend to this quickly. My wife and I work from home and run a business which is struggling without broadband. Just spoke to BT customer service and the guy effectively told me to lump it and wait. He was unwilling to reach out to Openreach and put pressure on them to sort it out. When did BT become this bad? The customer service guy was rude and condescending. I am paying for a service that I am not getting and am supposed to just accept it.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Rubbish Service from BT

@dboo 

Are you a BT Business customer, as you are running a business?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

@dboo Cannot comment on the service as our experience is top class. That said, shouldn't the Customer Service guy have offered you a 4g mini-hub until your issues had been solved and corrected? These are excellent depending upon local 4g coverage - we had 2 phones, 2 tablets, 2 desktops and a TV all connected via Wi-Fi without any issues.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

Are you a BT Business customer, as you are running a business?

Ooooops! Missed that one!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Just a home user 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Sadly this is a relatively common complaint on these forums. Why BT can't implement the requirement to confirm that the new service is up & running before merrily pulling the plug on the old one is beyond my comprehension.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

Business usage on a residential account is not allowed, so you would get no compensation for any loss.

BT Business users get higher priority, and can claim for lost business.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

My wife and I work from home. This cannot be classed as business use anyway 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

If you are a homeworker, working for an employer, then the situation is different. Many major companies provide business grade connections for homeworkers,  if the work is critical. It may be an idea to contact them to see if some form of backup arrangements can be made, as its not  unknown for fibre provision issues to take many months to sort out.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

@dboo wrote:

My wife and I work from home. This cannot be classed as business use anyway 

in your initial post you posted that ' My wife and I work from home and run a business which is struggling '

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.