cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 36

Re: Slow Fibre 1 Issue

Hi

There is one phone socket.

Per the image, the cable closest to the wall is the line in, the next is the extension (then there's the random cable that goes nowhere).

BT3.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 36

Sorry - Just seen. Will check the back and try posting a larger image.
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 36

Is this a large enough image?

BT4.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 36

The line in is correctly wired. Extension should be wired to the clear socket on the frontplate as before but the wires should come through the slot rather than how they are routed in your picture.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 36

As above, it's correct but a bit of a mess. You can just flip up the clear cover on the extension wiring & pull the wires out. They can then be fed through the cutout so that everything fits properly. Just make a note of what goes where first!

If she can live without the extensions I'd just remove that wiring completely.

Here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbfHMsP6IsE

If she does want the extensions I'd be inclined to move the back box to the left so you have slack to work with  can get rid of those clear crimped joints.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 36

West Malling eh, you're in my neck of the woods.

But anyway. 🙂

I was gonna say, another way you can hopefully find out precisely which cabinet is yours, (or what I did) is use street view on Google Maps, and travel on it along your roads, and when you come across a cabinet, you should hopefully be able to get close up enough to it on Google Maps to be able to see the number 11 stamped/painted on the outside of the cabinet.

Edit: Infact iv just looked. And your cabinet, number 11 is on the main road, at the junction of Trottiscliffe Road (opposite Church Road)

You literally must live only a couple of miles away from me. 

0 Ratings